The Ingredients of OsteoTrace
OsteoTrace contains sixteen substances essential to healthy bones and joints. The OsteoTrace we supply is as formulated by Dr. Rex Newnham, but (i) with the Devil’s Claw and Horsetail removed (sadly) to satisfy the requirements of the European Union Supplement Harmonisation Programme, and (ii) with 10mcg of vitamin D2 added (a) to compensate for the loss of the Devil’s Claw and Horsetail and (b) because adequate concentrations of vitamin D in the blood are essential to bone’s reuptake of calcium.
The current full list of ingredients in each tablet is now therefore …
Boron (Di Sodium Tetraborate)
Boron not only increases bone hardness and relieves arthritic and rheumatoid pain, but also helps the body convert vitamin D2 into vitamin D3, the form of vitamin D the body uses to:
- absorb calcium from food, to prevent loss of bone mineral density and osteporosis
- protect against (e.g.) colon, breast, prostate and ovarian cancers, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, atherosclerosis, tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, seasonal affective disorder, acute lower respiratory infection, obesity, type 1 diabetes and depression
B Vitamins aid amino acid metabolism, a key factor in bone and tissue reparation. They also help people with arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis because they can reduce edema, pain, joint stiffness, sensory numbness and tingling. Specifically ..
- Niacin (B3 (Nicotinamide – 10mg) helps the body’s enzymes digest carbohydrates, fats and proteins. It also improves blood circulation and reduces blood cholesterol
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium – D – Pantothenate – 9mg) is very effective for joint pain
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride – 10mg) helps build up collagen
- Vitamin B12 (B12 preparation – 3mcg) activates the enzymes which help maintain good cell health, especially that of
red blood cells
Vitamin C (Magnesium ascorbate and Calcium ascorbate – 200mg) helps to prevent inflammation at the joints.
Calcium (Calcium ascorbate- 83mg) protects against osteoporosis and is essential to optimal bone health.
Copper (Copper citrate – 81mcg) helps the body absorb iron from food and turn protein into muscle. It also works with vitamin C to help the body form elastin, an important part of connective tissues, and promotes healing in general.
Vitamin D2 (D2 preparation – 400IU/10mcg) plays an important role in calcium absorption and bone health
Magnesium (Magnesium ascorbate – 12mg) helps disperse calcium throughout the body Inadequate levels of magnesium leads to low calcium levels.
Manganese (Manganese citrate – 4.5mg) helps with the formation of connective tissue and is
essential to strong bones.
Molybdenum (Sodium molybdate – 25mcg) helps the body absorb nutrients, remove toxins, and is essential for normal sexual function.
Phosphorus (di Calcium phosphate – 68.6mg) works with zinc to help maintain bones and teeth.
Selenium (L-Selenomethionine – 30mcg) is a powerful anti-oxidant which helps maintain tissue elasticity and slows the ageing process.
Zinc (Zinc citrate – 5mg) is key to many body functions, including physical development and growth, wound healing and good enzyme functioning.
Kelp (7.5mg) is a good source of iodine, calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium and other trace nutrients.
Each tablet is coated with a little cellulose, maltodrexin, silica and protein:
- The maltodextrin is maize-based and therefore gluten free
- The protein coating is made from zein, which is made from maize gluten meal which, despite its name, contains no gluten, i.e. gliadin or glutenin
- There is no lactose in the formulation
Suitable for vegans
OsteoTrace is suitable for vegans. It contains no gelatin, gluten, wheat or lactose.